The Dimock Center’s Behavioral Health Services exist to help individuals and families in our area heal and grow to their full potential within a community setting. To that end, Dimock is the largest provider of substance abuse, mental health and developmental disability services within a community health center setting in Massachusetts. The Dimock Center’s comprehensive care approach to patients enables our Behavioral Health clients to have access to all of the Health Center and Child & Family support services that we provide.
Our Behavioral Health Center team offers extensive and comprehensive experience and understanding. Members of our team have extensive credentials, and are willing to go the extra distance to enable our client’s best, healthier selves.
Our Behavioral Health services extend to the entire Dimock community, including children, adolescents and adults.
Services are located both on and off of our main campus in Roxbury, MA, and include transitional, permanent and group residences. This ‘continuum of inpatient care’ extends from outreach to adult and transitional youth and emergency shelter to outpatient day treatment and residential substance abuse programs.
Short & Long Term Residential Programs
The Dimock Center has developed an array of acute, short term, intermediate and long term residential programs. These include:
- Mary Eliza Mahoney House family shelter that serves 26 families and over 40 children.
- John Flowers Recovery Home and Askia Academy are residential recovery homes that serve up to 80 men annually.
- Women’s Renewal-Clinical Stabilization Services (CSS) and My Sister’s House are residential recovery homes that serve 1,000 women annually.
- Ummi’s Transitional Housing Program serves 13 women and their children who are dually diagnosed with substance abuse, mental illness and complex medical challenges.
- Sheila Daniels and Edgewood Permanent Housing provides thirteen units of housing for women and their children who are in recovery and living with complex medical challenges.
- Six group residences serve 25 individuals with cognitive and physical disabilities .
Behavioral Health Services handles over 22,000 client visits annually and has a staff of more than 160 physicians, psychiatrists, psychologists, social workers, counselors, case managers, recovery specialists and administrative staff committed to making a difference in the lives of the individuals who depend on Dimock every day. Our linguistic capabilities include Spanish and Haitian Creole.
Alexandra Kozak, LICSW, Clinical Director of Behavioral Health Services
617.442.8800, ext. 1643
David Pattison, MD, MPH, Medical Director of Addiction Services Contact: 617.442.8800, ext. 1133